Healthy Pineapple Ice Cream!
With summer holidays or staycations, at the ready, and an apparent heatwave on the horizon, it’s definitely time to up the exercise routines and make more healthy food choices!
Hard I know, especially when I’ve just found out that this Sunday is Ice Cream Day…in fact, the whole of July is National Ice Cream Month!
Don’t worry though, as there are lots of ice cream alternatives. All-fruit, dairy-free and with no added sugar–these are the hallmarks of ‘Nice Cream’, a healthy alternative to ice cream. This Pineapple ‘Nice Cream’ below has lots of tropical flavours and a real zing, thanks to a hit of sweet mango and tangy lime. Plus, to make it easier, you can make it with prepared frozen fruit so the whole thing is super quick too.
It takes just minutes to make this naturally sweet frozen dessert in the food processor or a blender. Enjoy it alone, or top with more fresh fruit and toasted almond flakes.
- 450g frozen pineapple chunks
- 150g frozen mango chunks or 1 large mango, peeled, seeded & chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice or lime juice
- Add the pineapple, mango and lemon (or lime) juice in a food processor and blend until smooth and creamy. (If using frozen mango, you may have to add up to 1/4 cup water.)
- For the best texture, serve immediately. Or alternatively, pop it all into a freezable container and freeze for a couple of hours.
But don’t worry, if you do happen to ‘accidentally’ eat the odd ice cream or 3, you can always help make up for it with a session in our gym or a couple of extra sessions in our pool!
See you next week and see you at the Club soon,