I can’t think of anything more universally loved than muffins! The beloved muffin even has a day of its own with National Muffin Day taking place on the 20th February!
There’s so many different variations…English muffins, Portuguese muffins, American muffins, and so many hybrids (cruffins, duffins, muffin tops, and a whole lot more). Strange, I thought ‘muffin tops’ were something else!!
So, in honor of the marvelous muffin we’ve got a fantastic Blueberry & Oat recipe for you. It’s more healthy than the usual recipes with lots of antioxidants from the blueberries, packed full of protein too.
Perfect post-workout treat!
1 banana (mashed)
1 egg (beaten)
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking powder
100g Greek yogurt
2 scoops Whey Protein (Vanilla)
1 tbsp honey
75ml milk or oat milk
- Preheat oven to 180°C/ 350°F.
- Scatter 2 tablespoons of oats onto a baking tray and bake for 10 minutes until lightly toasted.
- Meanwhile, mix together the mashed banana and egg in a large bowl.
- Then add the cinnamon, baking powder, honey, Greek yogurt, and Whey Protein. Mix well.
- Now add the remaining oats and milk and mix until completely combined.
- Next, fill 6 muffin cups roughly halfway with the mixture, add 3-4 blueberries per muffin and continue filling the muffin cups up to just below the brim with the remaining mixture.
- Top your muffins with a few more blueberries and a sprinkle of the toasted oats, then bake for 30 minutes.
- Once 30 minutes is up, remove them and allow them to cool for at least 5-10 minutes before eating.
See you next week and see you at the Club soon,