Conference, Weddings & Events Supervisor
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our Events team as an operational supervisor at the China Fleet Country Club which is set in 180 acres of beautiful Cornish countryside, just 15 minutes from Plymouth’s city centre. We are a Country Club that offers accommodation, fitness & leisure, golf, dining, hair & beauty, weddings, conference and events.
As a Conference, Weddings & Events Supervisor, you are responsible for supervising Conference, Weddings and Event operations whilst delivering memorable experiences and excellent customer service to our Conference, Wedding and Event customers
You will be required to delegate tasks in line with function sheets and assist with meeting departmental targets. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Supervise Conference, Wedding and Event operations
- Communicate and delegate in line with daily function sheets
- Able to work in all areas of Conference and Events including Bar, Restaurant, and conference
- Welcome guests in a polite and friendly manner
- Follow cash handling procedures
- Manage guest queries in a timely and efficient manner
- Ensure cleanliness of work areas
- Plan, organise and control the daily operations
- Ensure compliance of brand standards
- Represent needs of the team
- Assist Food and Beverage with achieving financial targets
- Assist the Conference and Events Operation Manager with training and developing the team
- Assist with annual and mid-year appraisals with team members under your responsibility
- Comply with security, fire regulations and all health and safety legislation
- Comply with licensing laws
- Be environmentally aware
- Assist other departments wherever necessary and maintain good working relationships.
You will need to be a team player and enjoy the buzz of being busy, smart and well presented, have good communication skills and committed to delivering high levels of customer service.
You must be 18 and over due to serving alcohol unsupervised. Previous Conference and Events experience and supervisory experience is essential.
Hours are 40 per week, shifts are 5 days over 7 which includes evenings and weekends.