Warm-up this Winter
There are in excess of 1500 hours of sunshine each year in Cornwall, making it one of the sunniest areas within the UK. We also benefit from the mildest climates all year round, due to its southerly latitude and the effect of the Gulf Stream.
It is no surprise then our Winter Golf breaks which run from November to February are popular with visitors from all over the UK, returning to China Fleet year after year to enjoy this fine county and extend their golfing season.
Imagine playing on our fantastic, 18 hole parkland golf course, set in over 180 acres of countryside, just a few hundred yards from the stunning river Tamar. We’re just a stone’s throw away from the river and 15 minutes from Plymouth City Centre. However, when you drive up to China Fleet with the lake on the left and our picturesque entrance alongside the course, you can feel like a million miles from anywhere.
Our Winter Golf holidays include 1 or 2 nights 4* AA self-catering apartment accommodation, unlimited golf, 2 course dinner in the Upper Deck Bistro and breakfast, along with use of the Aqua Spa & swimming pool. Looking for the perfect break for two? Try our Indulgent Spa & Golf break.
With an additional Brasserie, Driving Range, Golf Pro Shop and our designated Golf Team, we have everything on-site to make your golf extra special.
Here are our top tips for making the most of your play this winter….
- Keep hands warm – Get yourself a good pair of winter playing gloves
- Invest in a good base-layer – wafer-thin, these lock heat in
- Keep your golf balls warm – fact, a warm golf ball flies further than a cold one
- If you suffer from cold feet, remember to wear two pairs of socks
- Keep the soles of your shoes clean to ensure you don’t loose grip
- Change ball – Do you usually use a high-performing tour level ball? A lower compression ball that will travel further might help your game.
- Adjust your driver – If you’ve got an adjustable driver, put the loft up or slide a weight back to increase launch. If your driver isn’t adjustable, tee it up slightly higher and swing more on the up.
- Change your putting technique – A heavier putter will help you on winter greens
So pack your bags and head to China Fleet, Cornwall, for a stunning Winter golf break this year and fingers crossed for another sun-bathed, Cornish winter.
See you next week & hope to see you on the greens soon,
- Golf Holiday Breaks
- Golf & Spa Breaks
- View the course
- Driving Range & Practice Area
- Swimming Pool
- Aqua Spa
On the Devon and Cornwall border on the banks of the River Tamar, China Fleet Country Club is one of the South West’s leading country clubs and hotel. With award winning golf, spa, beauty, gym, exercise classes, 4 star accommodation, bistro & brasserie and events, the Club is set in 180 acres near Plymouth. Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, Trip Advisor Green Leaders Gold Level & South West Green Tourism Silver Awards & SW Wedding Venue of the Year Award 2019