Give squash a go
This Saturday is World Squash Day
Did you know that over 20 million people regularly play squash worldwide in over 185 countries?
It’s staggering just how popular the game is and with so many health benefits, I can understand why. This Saturday is World Squash Day – a global celebration of the sport.
I know how popular it is here at China Fleet Country Club, Saltash. We have 2 of the finest glass back squash courts in the South West with a fantastic viewing area. I see so many people playing here on a regular basis. With adult and child coaching sessions, as well as a club night every Tuesday, players of all levels can play other members of different abilities to give variation to their game, improve skills and provide a great challenge. We also have our own squash teams.
1. Squash was invented by students in England 185 years ago
2. Players used to use rubber balls, which when hit, squashed against walls, hence the name!
3. Squash is the No.1 sport for getting & staying fit – average players burn about 750 calories per hour!
4. The Titanic had its own squash court!
5. Prince Philip played squash while Queen Elizabeth II was in labour giving birth to Prince Charles.
6. USA has the fastest growing squash participation worldwide with over 60% growth in the past 5 years
But above all that, squash is fantastic for all-round fitness. It develops agility, sharpens hand-eye coordination, boosts cardiovascular health and alleviates stress. Whether you’ve never tried or haven’t picked up a racket for a while, why not give it a go? You’d be really surprised just how much a boost it’ll give your body and mind. If you’re already a player, why not try our popular club night on Tuesdays at 6.30pm?
See you next week & see you at the Club soon,
On the Devon and Cornwall border on the banks of the River Tamar, China Fleet Country Club is one of the South West’s leading country clubs. With award winning golf, spa, beauty, gym, exercise classes, accommodation, bistro & brasserie and events, the Club is set in 180 acres near Plymouth. Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, Trip Advisor Green Leaders Gold Level & South West Green Tourism Silver Awards.