Buggy Safety Policy
The Club has a duty of care to all users of the golf course. The topography of certain areas of the course is such that caution and prudence must be shown by the user of a ride-on buggy at all times. It is also necessary that the Club provide an adequately safe means of access for all golfers, including those given permission to use ride-on buggies. Moreover, the Club has to ensure the safety of golfers who do not use buggies but who might be at risk from a mechanically defective ride-on buggy or its careless use. This duty of care also applies to members of the public using the right of way.
Conditions of Use
To assist the safe employment of ride-on buggies all potential users shall comply with the following conditions:
1. Drivers must be a minimum of 16 years of age to operate a buggy. Persons between the age of 16-17 years must be accompanied by an adult over the age of 18 years.
2. A ride-on buggy shall only be used for the number of occupants it was designed to carry and only by people who are authorised to use one.
3. The signs and instructions employed on the course to warn buggy riders of potential danger areas or, areas forbidden to ride-on buggies because of concerns about danger or, the potential to cause unacceptable wear and tear to the course, must be followed at all times.
4. Ride-on buggy operators will be responsible for the security of ignition keys for the period that the buggy is on the property owned by the Club.
5. China Fleet Country Club has no responsibility for ensuring the safe operation of ride-on buggies on or beyond the confines of the course and the club car-parks other than those operated by their servants or agents. The Club will accept no responsibility for any loss or damage caused to any property other than that arising from the negligent use of a ride-on buggy by their servants or agents.
6. Ride-on buggies shall be used only between dawn and dusk.
7. Ride-on buggies must be operated in compliance with the common "rules of the road" regardless of whether ride-on buggies are operated on pavements or roadways.
8. The consumption of alcohol and/or the improper use of drugs are not permitted when using the ride-on buggy and users must not be under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
9. When buggies are being used during periods when only Registered Buggy Users (RBUs) are permitted, passengers within the buggy are prohibited unless they are RBUs themselves.
10. The Golf Director and the Golf team has the authority to immediately prohibit any individual from using or being carried on a ride-on buggy. Application for reinstatement of permission to use a ride-on buggy must be made to the Club in writing and permission may only be granted by the Golf Director.